Full Membership grants you access to the entire ecosystem of FWB: Learning & Education, Lifestyle & Culture, NFT + Trading Alpha, Cities, Events, and Governance.
What is Friends With Benefits?
Friends With Benefits is a private discord server. A group chat full of our favorite thinkers and creators. You can think of FWB like any other social network, it's a space that has value because of the content and ideas the users of that social network create and share. The thing that makes Friends With Benefits different is that in order to be a part of Friends With Benefits you must own at least 75 $FWB cryptocurrency tokens. $FWB cryptocurrency tokens can be purchased on Uniswap and on other decentralized exchanges.
Crypto is hard. How do I get $FWB tokens?
- Turn your Fiat ($,£,€, etc.) into Ethereum (Cryptocurrency). For most of you the easiest way to do that will be via Coinbase. On iOS you can do this with Apple Pay by using Rainbow Wallet.
- Once you've setup a Coinbase account or Rainbow Wallet (iOS) purchase some Ethereum (You’ll need75 $FWB worth of Ethereum.)
- On desktop Install a browser-based Ethereum wallet called MetaMask. On iOS you should already be using Rainbow Wallet.
- Next send your purchased Ethereum from Coinbase to the Metamask. On Rainbow wallet you should already have the ethereum you purchased with Apple Pay.
- With Ethereum in your Metamask you can now swap your Ethereum for $FWB at the Uniswap Exchange by clicking this link. On rainbow wallet you can swap your ETH for $FWB using the “swap” function. Here's a tutorial on how to use Uniswap.
- Once you've swapped your ethereum for at least75 $FWB tokens you can join the discord and follow the instructions in the #welcome channel. (If using Rainbow Wallet remember to use “WalletConnect” to connect Rainbow once you’ve clicked the link DM’d to you by Collab.land)
A fixed total of 1M $FWB tokens exist. No more $FWB tokens can ever be minted/created. Community members will be able to earn tokens for providing value in a number of ways, including—but not limited to—being active in Discord, attending community calls, hosting recurring events and overseeing collaborative programs. Interesting in running your own FWB segment? Give a staff member a shout in Discord or tweet us.