STATUS: Part-Time Contractor
Friends with Benefits is a growing social DAO with more than 3,000 engaged members—including artists, builders, and thinkers from all across the crypto and cultural sectors. Collectively, we’re on a mission to catalyze the power of Web3 as a tool for creating and making things happen.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Making the concepts and tools of Web3 more accessible to cultural communities.
- Building diverse spaces and experiences that creatively empower participants.
- Developing tools, artworks, and products that showcase Web3’s potential.
While all FWB initiatives are member-led, we also rely on dedicated contributors to fill various full-time and part-time roles within the organization. Contributors ensure successful onboarding for new members, create newsletters, write for our in-house editorial platform, engage new partnership opportunities, oversee the DAO's governance, and more.
Contributors are compensated in $FWB or $USDC, and will soon receive health benefits. While many contributors begin as FWB members, we welcome all applications. FWB is committed to working with people who have a diverse array of backgrounds and experiences.
FWB is seeking a talented and experienced Design Lead to join our team. The ideal candidate will have broad experience across various design disciplines with a focus on graphic and web design. As a Design Lead, you will be responsible for leading design projects from ideation to implementation, working closely with the rest of our core contributors on making sure that FWB maintains a high level of visual integrity and a clear perspective on aesthetics.
- Lead design projects from ideation to implementation, ensuring high-quality design solutions that address both key objectives and brand consistency
- Collaborate with cross-functional team of core DAO contributors and identify opportunities for design to contribute to reaching key DAO goals
- Create graphics for FWB’s social media, editorial, events, emails, and other marketing collateral
- Ensure that design output is accessible, usable, and legible
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, design tools, and emerging technologies to ensure our design output remains innovative and relevant
- Maintain connections with a strong roster of supplemental designers that can support on a project basis, managing contractors as needed
- At least 2 years of experience in a design-related field, with a focus on graphic and web design.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates design skills, creative thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Expertise in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and similar tools.
- Ability to iterate effectively and quickly, taking into account collaborator input, without losing grasp on your own personal opinions as a designer
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to context-switch and think critically about how end-users will receive and interact with design output